Thank you for joining our fundraiser last month to support Black Lives Matter. With your help, Kaarem donated 100% of Mushroom Bucket Hat sales in June to Juxtaposition Arts (via Black Visions Collective's redirection of donations) and The Loveland Foundation. Together, we raised $3710!
As children of refugees from Vietnam, we stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter. Our families came to the U.S. driven by hopes, fears and dreams. They came seeking something beyond what they knew in Vietnam and they found it -- for better, worse and everything in between. In the space, distance and time between New York, California and Vietnam, we continue to find some of the same. Kaarem's future is not guaranteed, but we will continue to work, love and grow while seeking the beyond.
Here are a few resources we would like to share with you:
- Important Vietnamese Terms to Know When Addressing Anti-Blackness via @aphamphotos
- The Southeast Asian Anti-Racism Toolkit
- The Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit
- Black and Asian American Feminist Solidarities: A Reading List
- A Growing List of Resources for the Movement for Black Lives
- Designing for Dignity and Practices of Care via Deem Journal x MOLD Magazine
- Resources for talking to your children about racism via @theconsciouskid
Chuong Pham & Kathy Minh Bach